3/13/08

Appointment for torture today!

Yep I am off to the dentist at 1pm, the first of a few scheduled appointments and something I don't think many of us enjoy.

It doesn't help me that the first job I had in life was as a Dental Surgery Assistant and so I understand all the terminology when I am lying there prone! I have been bad since I got here and avoided the dentist, apart from 2 emergency extractions, due to the scary costs.

But after falling flat on my face last month I had to go in and she found other work, so I was cornered and had to arrange to get it all done. So I now have a crown, 3 fillings and a clean ahead, plus a very large bill!

Even my dentist commented that the USA has not been a good experience for my teeth thus far! After all I have lost on average 1 per year since I got here and the jury is still out on the tooth I banged when I fell.

So I have been listening to my own 'see the dentist regularly preaching' and will bite the bullet and get my mouth in order......never something you can call fun though!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh sweetie!! I feel for ya! I had my very first root canal yesterday. It was supposed to be a combo of the root canal and two crowns, but I was exhausted after just the work on the first. I go back on 31 March.
I will email you on the info for Colorado Springs. I am so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

I hate going to the dentist. We have a really good one, but I still don't like to go. I did have a root canal about 2 years ago that was so easy and didn't hurt at all. That is, until I saw the bill!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ugh, hope it all went well :)