3/26/08

Enchanted!

Do you love Disney movies, especially the oldies?
Do you enjoy the odd musical number?
Are you a sucker for a romance?
Do you like to laugh out loud at the TV?
Do you think Patrick Dempsey really is McDreamy?

If you answered yes to 50% of the above, you will love Enchanted.



This was a BIG surprise to us. I can say 'yes' to all the above, the Hubster to maybe 2 of them and no he doesn't think Patrick is McDreamy!

But this movie is great, we both really enjoyed it, I loved it so much I will probably buy it. It was laugh out loud funny, deliberately corny in places, thoroughly charming and great entertainment. Disney have been very clever by pulling in many familiar classic Disney moments like the Italian restaurant from Lady & the Tramp, snippets of Snow White singing with animals and even a nod to King Kong at the end. But the real humour comes from Disney mocking it's own reputation and characters - in a good way.

Whoever came up with the idea of throwing a Disney Princess out of her animated fantasy world and into modern day New York, with hilarious consequences, had a moment of genius. Amy Adams is probably well on her way to superstardom after this and Patrick Dempsey was brave but inspired to take this leading role. We also loved Susan Sarandon in a surprising appearance as the evil Queen.

For 90 minutes of escapism with a twist, rent Enchanted and enjoy.

6 comments:

Expat mum said...

Agreed. I tokk a 15, 12 and 4 year old and they all enjoyed it, although Susan Sarandon at the end had the little one hiding under my coat.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm going to add it to the Netflix queue. Thanks for the suggestion!

Vickie said...

Sarah: The Easter Bunny brought this to Lady K and we watched it that afternoon. I did not expect to like it as much as I did. Lady K sat through almost the whole thing, which is a miracle. Pip was her favorite character.

Linda Jennings said...

Glad to hear your thoughts on this movie. I will pick it up for the family. Hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

My girls absolutely loved this movie and they keep hounding me to see it.

Julie said...

You know, I really DO enjoy the odd musical number....sometimes I wished they happened in real life. :(