I just seem to have been on edge, a bit depressed and felt like I could tip over the edge emotionally if I was pushed too far. Hitting 42 seems to be hitting me much harder than 40 did and yet I can't tell you why that is!
So it has been good for me to have to think of the 12 things I love or I am really pleased I have experienced in my life so far.
So in no particular order here they:
- I am really glad I got to travel a fair bit and explore other cultures and countries. I know this has made me much more rounded, accepting of different beliefs/cultures and openminded as a person.
- I am thankful I have achieved all the success I ever wanted in my work life before I moved here. It was very stressful at times, but it has enabled me to handle pretty much any situation life throws at me confidently and come out the other side intact.
- I am grateful I was sent a wake-up call with Graves Disease. It has made me listen to my body, look after myself better and not let stress overtake me anymore.
- My family, in a strange way we are closer now than we were when I was on the doorstep. I miss them all, but now we take the time to really talk when we speak and I feel like we understand each other better.
- My pets! I am a firm believer in having a pet makes you a happier person. They don't demand anything (apart from food) and love you unconditionally, they are also the best stress reliever I know.
- The fact that I know myself so well in my forties. I know my strengths, weaknesses and have accepted myself for who I am. If someone doesn't like me, well that's fair enough, but I am no longer gonna lose any sleep over them.
- I no longer worry about following fashion, I know the styles and colours that suit me and I stick to them come what may.
- Our home. The hubster and I have worked really hard to make ourselves the home we both always wanted and we are almost there. And since about 2 weeks ago it's now really ours and not the banks, that's a great feeling! :-)
- My new country. I love the USA and cannot wait to take citizenship, I already feel pride in living here. I love the positive outlook on life, friendliness, national pride and the fact people are pleased for others success - it's a very upbeat place to live.
- I have no regrets about my first marriage, as I have been blessed twice now in my life with a good man. Ultimately the first may not have lasted but 13 yrs wasn't a failure and without the growth I experienced in it, I probably would not be here now. I am also happy we have managed to stay good friends and continued to care about each other.
- I love the Hubster for making me finally accept and love my body as it is, however it is. He makes me feel beautiful inside and out everyday, and as a woman you can receive no greater gift from the man you love.
- Most of all I love the Hubster. And although it still seems bizarre we met in such a strange way, I truly believe this just affirms that God had a plan for both of us to ultimately end up together. I look at him everyday and think how lucky I am to have such a wonderful, caring, considerate, funny, handsome man loving me. My whole world revolves around him, he is my destiny and I am truly blessed.
Okay now I am going to give myself a kick up the metaphorical butt and have a happy 42nd birthday, after all it's just a number!