6/25/08

A big fat "yes" to convenience

Today I utilised a local laundromats 'Service Wash' for the first time in my life and oh dear this could be addictive.

Now that's the way to do your laundry, drop it off with the nice man and then turn up 4 hours later to take it back all fresh, folded and lovely :-) The problem is I think the Hubster might see that as a bit of a slack attitude in the housewife department! I didn't think that the charge of $16 was bad considering the load and the water, power and powder I'd have used if I could have done them at home.

This time I had a good excuse though, as it was the quilt sets from two big beds and they won't fit in my machine. Ah well maybe if I win the lottery, but I'd better start playing first I guess!

5 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

My, my, but it does sound like luxury itself. I just cannot imagine....

Mary (Bookfan) said...

We actually did this while on holiday in Ireland. Dropped all our laudry off in the morning, toured around, enjoyed ourselves, picked it up clean and folded a few hours later. What a treat! You deserve it, Sarah!

Pam said...

omg that sounds like bliss. we use a laundromat in Berko when we are there and just do everything all at once. it really is convenient at times! the ones here in OKC though -- let's just say -- a bit scary.

Rhea said...

I love the convenience also. Soo niiice. I did this with our comforter a week or so ago, because it was too big for our washer also. Child puked on it. Fun fun.

dabrah said...

This sounds like a very sensible way to deal with laundry.