6/12/08

This happened to me on Saturday!

If you are a lover of the new McDonalds Iced Coffee's then you need to take note of this information.

I really like them and so last Saturday as we headed into town I picked up a regular flavour large and proceeded to drink my way through it all morning. In the early afternoon we went to eat at a place we often go to and I had my usual salad bar and grilled chicken. Almost immediately upon finishing I was hit by the dreaded diarrhea and at the time I thought 'I can't believe anything I just ate reacted that fast!'

This unfortunately continued for the rest of the day and I had to start chewing Pepto Bismal to stop it, so we could even make the 25 minute drive home!

I have had an email sent to me by Stacy for a few days and just now had the time to read it. Turns out the culprit for my bowel problems was probably that McDonalds Iced Coffee!

So if you like this drink too, then I strongly suggest you go HERE and read all about the positively scary ingredients. I can certainly vouch for their effects and will now be steering well clear!

Oh and I have just been to McDonalds.com and made a complaint by email as they need to know they are making people sick!

9 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh, Sarah, I'm so sorry you had a bad effect from them. I've had iced coffees from other places, but thankfully not the McD's one yet. I will also be steering clear of them from now on.

Hope you're feeling much better now :) Take care!

Janet said...

To be honest, I wouldn't touch anything from McDonalds with a barge pole.

Rhea said...

Wow, ok, yuck. What a mess! Note to self: avoid McD's iced coffee.

Tess Kincaid said...

How positively horrid! Thanks for the heads up and hope you are feeling better. :)

Teresa said...

Oh my gosh! I never have diarrhea and did just last week and could not figure out why. I had the Vanilla Iced Coffee from McDonald's earlier that same day. I had no idea that put all of that junk in there! I used to have the Aldi's Queen link (a sub~link on Mom's Advice), on my side bar. Wish I hadn't quit faithfully reading it now. Thanks Sarah, for solving that little runny mystery for me. No more McDonald's iced coffees for me.

Pam said...

hey, maybe the doctors can make the patients drink this for their colonoscopies instead of that nasty nasty stuff they gave me! i'd much rather have the iced coffee! and dontcha know, this happens to me when I get one from Panera also!

Unknown said...

Well I got an email back from McD's asking for the franchise address. I replied "that is not relevant as the ingredients are the same in every branch!"

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were feeling decidedly ropey from that whole experience. Thanks for spreading the word! -Rachel

Anonymous said...

I'm sensitive to coffee, and so am used to having a few stomach problems after drinking coffee. But, I was so shocked at how sick the McDonald's coffee made me. However, I still buy it. I think I'm immune to it now, because I only got sick that one time.