8/18/08

Some things need to stay ancient history!

This is one shoe fad you will not be catching me in anytime this lifetime! I am sorry but these have to be the most unflattering sandals ever, which is why they were originally invented for brawny, sweaty, hairy soldiers enduring ancient battlegrounds.

This is one fashion I personally think is just plain ugly, whatever your age or size these are not going to do you any favours. Plus I bet your legs look great after a day in these exposed to the sun, that's definitely a set of tan lines it would be hard to hide!

This is when I am most happy I don't live near a fashion capital anymore and can happily ignore silly trends like this!

13 comments:

Mare said...

Well, you won't catch me sporting them either!

Sherri said...

Sarah, I agree that is one sandal that will never grace my footsies!! That girl needs to donate them to the nearest roman soldier!

Pam said...

Oh, I would have loved these back in the day. I can't believe they are making a come-back. One year trend, then done. I agree -- Don't waste your money!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

And, don't they look frightfully uncomfortable?

Daryl said...

whispering ... i have a pair but they dont go up my leg .. only 'round my ankles .. and they are so comfy .. tan lines? bwahhaaaaaa .. my legs look as if they belong to some lovely Irish lass .. whiter than white ..

:-Daryl

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

GROSS! Gladiator shoes should certainly stay out of fashion.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Can't say I am going to be rushing out to buy a pair either.....

Gill

Snippety Gibbet said...

Yeah, they're fairly hideous.

Julie said...

A-freakin'-men.

Kay said...

Well, it's certainly interesting that's for sure. The Roman soldiers must have liked them. But then again, I don't think crocs look all that pretty either...still I'm thinking of buying one.

Vickie said...

AGH!! MY EYES!! MY EYES!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Kay - I have Crocs, but I usually buy them in two's my friend! ;-)

Veronica said...

Oh I sooooo agree! I HATE these things!