12/18/08

My 12 loves of Christmas - #6

It just wouldn't be Christmas for me without going to church, the nativity and Christmas Carols. We had Hark the Herald Angels Sing at our wedding, it's my favourite Christmas Carol and we wanted to embrace Christmas in our wedding. Having it at this time of year, in our church at the time, made it all the more special.

I think it's sad that these days due to political correctness, children aren't even taught the true meaning of Christmas in school. For me this is one of those times when I feel most connected to my beliefs and faith.

6 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

My favorite carol is Silent Night. Always brings a tear when sung at Midnight Mass - of course, maybe that tear is from pure exhaustion from preparations for the day, lol. I think it's so cool you had HTHAS sung at your wedding!!

Pam said...

Absolutely. And the older I get the more I appreciate all the religious aspects of the celebrations at church.

Anonymous said...

Mine's Adeste Fidelis, and the reason you listed is why I would hawk everything I go to keep my son in parochial school.

Sandi McBride said...

I have loved The Ballad of the Christmas Donkey since I was a child. So, yes, it is my favorite. I love the way the snow falls down onto the words of your post. I was quite mesmerized by it. How did you do that?
hugs
Sandi

Mmm said...

That's lovely. A Christmas wedding adn being into it and all. Congrats on the anniversary.

I've noticed that more people are saying "Merry Christmas" than in years past. PC isn't being so big this time around. I think/hope people are getting sick of the behaviour/word police!

Veronica said...

Well said. I totally agree.