5/16/09

Starting to look better!

Well as promised we spent this morning in the front garden finally getting to grips with it! For a pair of gardeners, we have been terribly neglectful so far this year, but finally I feel like the front looks good again.

The Hubster weeded the long bed, used his 'Weed Popper' on the lawn and I pruned stuff that should have been done weeks ago!

But we got it done and my bed full of Crepe Myrtle my fave Okie shrub, Photinia and Roses looks better, although still in need of weed killer on a less breezy day.

We can also no longer be called 'rednecks', after finally getting our Christmas lights down in May! To be fair our weather conditions on the weekends have not been conducive to outdoor tasks, plus I've been worn out. Tomorrow we will tackle the back garden if the weather cooperates.

Now I am off to watch the Hubsters band play music on a Centennial Farm on a glorious evening, photo's tomorrow.

13 comments:

SweetPeaSurry said...

Oh that does look loverly!! Once I get all my planters hung and my pots planted and my balcony swept off ... I'll post some piccies.

I'm really getting into this gardening thing!

Kay said...

You really have a huge and gorgeous yard and garden! Very impressive amount of work you both got done. I'm looking forward to seeing your garden in summer.

Nancy said...

Very nice yard. I'm working on our deck.

Rhea said...

hahaha You just took down your Christmas lights?! That's hilarious. Looks like you did a lot of good work. Come do my yard, please?!!

Mare said...

Looking good! I am looking forward to using the Christmas gift certificate at the local nursery that I got. I can pick out all kinds of plants and flowering thangs!!

Pam said...

Awww! We still need to hear that band! You should get some video and post it also! P.S. John is asking: Goporum?

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

In the last picture, is that a little squirrel sprinkler? I got 2 of those for Dom as a joke - he hates squirrels. They're sitting in my front yard near some bushes.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You've done a great job, all looking spiffy...
There is so much to do outside, and before you know it, it's the middle of Summer !
I work on the weekend, and despite thinking I can get things done on other days of the week, I don't.
I need to shake a leg :)

Gaelyn said...

Nice yard. Gardening is a lot of work. Haven't had one in years. One of the disadvantages of being a gypsy. So I'll just enjoy yours, if you don't mind.

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

It is looking a lot better my friend. We've had the most horrid weather to work in the garden. Mine is covered in weeds. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.~~Dee

Daryl said...

Looking good.. a lot of work but well worth the effort

Anonymous said...

It's lots of work, but so rewarding. I miss having a garden. Hope you enjoyed the band and the weather today allows for more green finger activities!

Lynn said...

Wow. I am impressed. We've been out weeding today and I planted 3 Gold Coast junipers and I am really beat but ours still doesn't look as good as yours. All of my garden photos have to be close-ups of individual plants.