7/21/09

School is back on my horizon

I'm back at work this week, as we hold our Pre-Enrollment for all students PK through grade 5. The good news is we have already gained an additional 5 students in 2 days, so if we don't lose any, our enrollment will have increased and we still have 3 more days. Quite a few parents have bought their children with them and so far they have all told me they are looking forward to returning. I think this is a great reflection on what a happy school we have.

This week I am really only dealing with the enrollment issues and the resulting data entry, as it doesn't leave me anytime for other things. But my office area is piled high with boxes of supplies waiting for mine and the teachers attention.

Next week is my last off and then I am back in full-time from August 3rd. I don't have any big plans, apart from our new windows being fitted and a haircut. I think I'll just be making the most of my last five lie-ins and chance to read, watch HGTV and have fun!

Last night whilst hunting up those Marmite ads, I found my all time fave Brit TV advert. Just the best ever, and it will give you a good idea of my plans for next week - sadly minus the Guinness part (I love the stuff but I'd have to travel 6 hrs to get some!)

Enjoy....I defy you not to crack a smile and tap your feet. And yes I too can dance like this, with or without a few pints, as good Brit friends could testify!

21 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Back to work already. Time off is never long enough. Love the video, don't drink the beer. Enjoy the last of your vacation.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the entertaining vid. Good that enrollment has increased. I gather that you are looking forward to going back to work. That's always nice to hear.

Jane Hards Photography said...

As you know we are just underway with the summer( I use that word loosely) with the school hols here. I get the feeling it's better doing your job there than it is in the UK now. Like working in a Zoo.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Just got the vid up. Great to see again. Guinness always had great adverts.

The Antiques Diva™ said...

I can't believe it's already Back to School Time! Summer feels like it just got under way!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Enjoy your last several days.

Great commercial. I loved the music.

Sherri said...

Sarah, thanks for the giggles this morning! What a great way to start the day :)! Wow your summer went fast, I didn't realize you were going back to work so soon! Enjoy your lie-in days that you have left, I could have used one today!

Anonymous said...

Looks like he's had too much Guinness already.
Can't believe your summer hols are almost over.

Anonymous said...

Five more ly-ins doesn't sound much does it, make the most of it!! I wish I got one, I might treat myself occasionally during the summer hols which start on Friday up here in Northumberland.

CJ xx

Daryl said...

When I worked in advertising we had monthly screenings of commercials made in Europe/UK .. to inspire our own creatives to think outside the box .. literally

Sandy said...

Enjoy your last few days of summer break.
Love the commercial!

Nancy said...

Enjoy your last few days!

Leslie: said...

LOVE the ad!!! I did smile and tap a toe or two.

Wow, you're back to school early. But maybe you get out earlier than the schools here. We go from the first Tuesday after Labour Day to around the middle to end of June and get all of July and August off.

I'll be getting back to tutoring come September, but for now am studying Spanish every Friday with a Spanish teacher for an hour. Then we switch and I teach her French. It's been a lot of fun.

Enjoy the end of your vacation time!

Greensboro Daily Photo said...

Good luck with school starting.

May I ask what you teach? Public? Private? Do you have a special interest school? Those have been very successful in our county/district. We are in a budget crisis but, hopefully, they can hold on to the performing arts, Spanish immersion, science and technology, and all the other wonderful programs to keep learners engaged!

Jan

pamokc said...

Oh man, what a quick vacation. Seems like it just started!!!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Oh no, it couldn't be time to prepare for back to school! Summer just got started. Vacations go by much too quickly.

Winifred said...

It's odd the different school terms. The children here have just started their holidays, just broke up last week.

Enjoy those last lie ins.

Funny I can't remember that ad at all but I enjoyed it. I think my favourites were the Peter Kay ads for John Smiths. They were wild!

Unknown said...

Our school got out on May 15 and first day back is Aug 13 - so just about 3 months off.

I am on a 10mth contract so worked until May 28 and then 'officially' return on Aug 3. However I like to have a little trickle of dosh coming in, so I worked a couple of days in June and 7 this month, 2 seperate days and then this week.

But it still seems like my 6-7 wks off have flown by!! I do love my job though and so I am actually quite looking forward to getting back in there. Plus from mid-March we only do a 4 day week until the end of the school year.

It is totally different to the Uk though.

Unknown said...

Greensboro/Jan - I am a sn Elementary School Secretary in a public school, ages 4 thro 12.

Pat said...

Cute video. Sounds like you've had a refreshing smmer and are now ready to go back to work. I'm sure you are very much appreciated by all the staff and the kids, too.

Pat said...

Off topic comment: I did not write down my guess for the number of mugs of tea you will drink in 2009. Are you keeping track of the guesses? Just curious.