12/1/09

Earning my keep with words!

See that new shiny badge just below our piccie over on the right, well that's my new writing gig as of today.

Yes I actually achieved one of my resolutions for 2009 and am now being paid to write, not a fortune but it's a step on the ladder. I am also benefitting from professional editing tips and ideas, which is worth more than any payment to me.

Powder Room Grafitti is a Women's Online Community packed with news, humor, opinions and reviews. It's a fun site and well worth checking out daily to see what the latest topic is and to join in the discussions. The writers are ordinary women like you and me, maybe you could even become one of them, so go check it out.

As well as today's 'Shout It' discussion, I have had two other articles approved and they should appear soon. So taking a step back from my blog to further my writing is starting to pay off and I'd like to thank you for sticking with me despite less activity here.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah, welcome to PowderRoomGraffiti.com and we look forward to reading you. You're talented. We're just not sure why a transplanted Brit who met an Oklahoman online, moved to Okieland, battles snakes, tornadoes and life would have anything funny to say...

Sandy said...

Congratulations! I will keep an eye out for your posts. :)

Sherri said...

Congrats Sarah! I'll have to check it out!

If I Could Escape . . . said...

Well done -- will go and check it out right now!!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Congratulations Sarah !
Regular readers all know that you have LOTS to say, that's what keeps us returning ;)
I'll be keeping a look-out for your posts, we always knew you'd be climbing that writers ladder !!

Daryl said...

Ahhh you turned on the snow ... I was debating whether do turn mine on or not ... still debating .. how cool to have another creative outlet to plug into!

Winifred said...

Congratulation Sarah! Great news. Look forward to reading more on that site it looks good.

Expat mum said...

Welcome to the fold!

Gaelyn said...

Congrats Sarah! To follow a dream is a great Christmas present. I'll have to check out this site.

Pam said...

Great news indeed and proof to me that you are feeling much better and clear headed and I think you know what I mean! Go for it, girlfriend! I'll go check out the site soon.

Leslie: said...

I just browsed Powderroom and found it fascinating. So I signed up for the newletter and just might consider writing a piece for it myself. :D

Kay said...

Congratulations, Sarah! I can see why you've been chosen because I always looks forward to your posts.

Jenny said...

This is wonderful news! I'm very happy for you.

@eloh said...

Good for you!

The Factory said...

Fantastic. Keep scribbling away.

Michael said...

Congratulations on this! Brill! I wil check it out, even as guy.