6/4/10

My garden of Eden


There are days when you are reminded why you love where you live, this is one of those days for me.

As I sit on the patio under the shade of an umbrella and gaze across this pretty view, I fully appreciate the warm climate I now get to live in daily. Sure there are times when the Oklahoma weather can be terrifying, but they are far outweighed by the advantages of the majority of days being like this. Hot or warm, breezy, not humid and sunny. As a Brit used to less than perfect weather, you just can't beat it!


These are very much the languid days of summer now and I fully realize how blessed I am to be out of work for two months so I can enjoy them. Cal Jo is a fan of warm weather too, she likes nothing better than to laze on the bench in the shade soaking it all up, as I work away. She just about manages the occasional excursion to the bird bath for a drink!

My plan for the summer is to write and take photographs, the two things I love to do and find so rewarding. Yesterday I was given the go ahead on five new articles for Powder Room Graffiti, so today I am sat here working on the first one.


And when I just need to go over my ideas or think through things, this is where you'll find me. Under the Maple tree swaying in the hammock, with a cold drink to hand - life is sweet.

10 comments:

imac said...

Heaven, on my way.....

Sherri said...

Sarah, what a lovely yard you have and I'm glad you are enjoying the start to your summer! Have fun writing, taking photos and just enjoy life in your hammock with a cold drink! Heaven!!

Unknown said...

Sherri - yes but that pool you posted would just finish it off nicely!

Mac - the G&T is cooling!

Gaelyn said...

Looks and sounds very cozy. Although the pool idea would be a nice addition. I sort of envy you summers off, but then remember I don't work all winter. If you can call what I do work. Enjoy!

Kay said...

You know what, Sarah? I'm sitting here reading this sweet, luscious post and just loving it... You do have Eden! Wow! I feel like finding a hammock and lying down...
except... uh oh! The sky over here is overcast... Ah well... I'll just live vicariously through you.

Expat mum said...

Looking forward to reading the PRG stuff.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Simply heaven !
You've both created an oasis in your garden, away from the hustle and bustle, a place to relax and ponder.
Hope you enjoy your summer time off, recharge your batteries, and let those creative juices flow.
Yes, I can imagine you sitting on your hammock, with a nice cuppa, and a bacon butty on the side ;0

Anonymous said...

It's a tough life, all that relaxing under umbrellas, lazing in hammocks, all the while enjoying cold drinks and now you want a pool - where would you find the time to swim?

Enjoy your summer!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sarah
I just found your blog today and I LOVE it. I have really enjoyed hearing about all the tornadoes, the snakes and about your new life in Oklahoma. WOW. It's been fascinating reading, thanks so much. You really should write a book. I hope to come back soon and read more. If you want a virtual visit back home please feel free to visit my blog anytime. It's raining in England today, surprise surprise!
Best Wishes
Lindsay

Lynn said...

I feel pretty much the same way. There are times when I feel like my back yard is the best place in the world.