8/18/10

My 'Cougar' moment!

Regular visitors may remember my worship for Adam Lambert last year on American Idol. So when he announced he was coming to OKC with his tour, they're was never any doubt I was going!


I share my adoration with great friend and fellow work colleague Mandy, and the thought of this concert kept us going through the craziness of preparing for the new school year! We had one helluva week leading up to our big night out and the perfect remedy proved to be screaming at the 'Glambert'!


And he did not disappoint, the venue was packed full, small and standing only, so we ended up pretty close and ready to party.


Apart from 'the voice', Glambert is known for re-inventing 'guy-liner' and the black finger nail polish. So in honour of our 'Idol' we both went very much overboard with the 'slap' and donned appropriate nail wear!


The rest of the night was spent in awe of his voice, beauty, overt sexuality (trust me on this, we may not be his type, but there were ALOT of swooning women around us!) and general greatness in all things. This man is going to be a megastar; his charisma just oozes out of every pore, his voice is incredible and he can he sing and perform with the very best.


We loved the old style use of multi coloured lasers, the many typically Glambert costume changes and liberal use of glitter! If you liked him on AI and he comes near you on tour, then go and you will be blown away by his amazing concert.

As for the Hubster - well he chauffered us into OKC bless him, went off to eat, shopped at Pro Bass, enjoyed street music and then endured 3 hours home, with us two wittering on about how hot Adam Lambert is like a couple of teens!

Sadly neither of our very macho Okie Hubsters will entertain the thought of leather pants, despite both having the necessary physique!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I watched him on American Idol and loved his showmanship. He truly was not an amateur by any means. Glad you enjoyed the show. Did your ears stop ringing afterwards? LOL.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I have never heard of the guy. I'll take your word for it that he's talented. Hubster is the Man. Nobody loves Bass Pro more than me but I don't love it 3 hours worth.

Vickie said...

Sounds like a fab time had by all.

Sherri said...

Sounds like you both had a wonderful time and the your Hubster had a great time shopping, etc. himself!!

Daryl said...

Not an Idol fan but I am glad you and Mandy had so much fun

Pam said...

Truly a case of "to each their own!" But I'm sure the concert was a blast!

Anna's Spot said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Not an idol fan either, but I love the black nail polish!

George said...

I'm glad you and your friend had the opportunity to act like teenagers for one evening and that the concert was as great as you had hoped.

Gaelyn said...

Sarah, you Really Are An American! He is HOT! I just don't think I could handle the crowds.

Jill of All Trades said...

Glad you got to see him and enjoy the sounds of magic. I love him too. I don't do concerts much but glad it was great.

imac said...

I guess that you enjoyed this night then.lol.

Midwest to Midlands said...

I too am a Glambert fan. Especially when he sang Ring of Fire. Good luck on becoming a Citizen!

Kay said...

I think I've only seen him once and I did think he was very talented. You both looked very glamorous and beautiful. I'm glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間 , 真愛旅舍直播間