I have had an idea and I'm hoping there maybe a few of you out there who would like to join me.
I need to lose weight, with all the thyroid ups and downs (plus a few too many fattening British foods on my visit), once again I have gained and I need to start the reversal before it gets any worse. I do better with support and motivation from others, but do not have the time or inclination to join a club locally, online is just easier for me.
So I am proposing the following:
- Forming an online weight loss support group centered around a new PRIVATE blog, only accessible to the participants.
- You would only report the total number of pounds you want to lose, not your actual weight.
- You must need to lose a minimum of 15 pounds to join.
- We would all 'weigh-in' on the last day of each month and then report our weight loss on the blog.
- The 'biggest loser' each month would receive a motivational, edible or helpful reward from every member by mail, anything up to a $5 maximum value.
- Each member would be a blog 'author' and will be able to publish their own posts to help, inform, motivate or raise questions with the other members.
- Each member must put up a minimum of one blog post every two weeks. This can be anything from a progress report, a question, a recipe, exercise ideas, food/exercise log, a challenge etc.
- If they choose to, a member will be connected with another member/s as their own personal 'buddies' for additional support.
- Everyone is responsible for their own food plan, there will be no correct diet to follow.
- Upon reaching goal the member will post a before and after picture.
- Once goal weight has been maintained for 8 weeks, the group will come up with a suitable reward or celebration.