2/20/08

Book review....

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham is not at all his typical style of book. This is a light-hearted look at how a couple's life is transformed when they decide to skip all the Christmas madness, just for one year!

They are ostracised by friends, upset their whole street over the 'battle of Frosty', are viewed as everything from mad to rude and their resolve is tested daily with amusing results.

Then their well laid plans to cruise instead, are blown apart by a last minute phone call and they have to scramble to undo what they've done! This was an entertaining book and a quick read I'd recommend.

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I read this one too and it was really cute! Not his typical legal thriller type book. I just finished "Playing for Pizza" and it was also light and fluffy, not at all his norm. I haven't gotten The Appeal... yet!

Happy Reading, Sarah!

Pam said...

i haven't read this one yet, but did read Playing for Pizza recently. But my question is, how is everyone posting these book covers? I can't find a way to do it yet! Any advice?