4/22/08

Book Challenge


A friend of mine from the WW Booklovers thread (and the lady responsible for me starting this blog) Lynne, is starting a new Book Challenge entitled 'I Heard it through the Grapevine' on May 1st.

The goal of this challenge is to read 3 new-to-you books between May 1 and November 30 that have been recommended to you. Feel free to read more if you want! Any type of book is OK. It can even be a book by an author you've read before. Cross-overs with other challenges are fine, and you can change books at any time. There will be a prize at the end of the challenge. You will need to sign up before May 1. with Mr. Linky with a link to your post listing the books and how they were recommended to you.

You can read about the challenge and find a link to the 'I Heard it through the Grapevine' blog HERE and join in the fun.

My three recommended books I will read are:

The Winter Rose (Jennifer Donnelly) - this book was recommended by Sherri to the WW Booklovers Board awhile ago and it sounds right up my street.

When Christ and his Saints Slept (Sharon Kay Penman) - this was a book read last year by the WW BOB (Big Old Book) group before I joined and it sounds like a wonderful piece of historical fiction, always my first choice.

Austenland (Shannon Hale) - recommended to me by a number of girlfriends who like many of us ladies still dream of Colin Firth as Mr Darcy in Pride & Prejudice. This sounds like a fun read.

No comments: