5/15/08

A few more odds and sods....

  • One of my absolute fave' things to do is float on my back in the sea being gently buffeted by the waves - blissfull

  • I am not a dress person at all, in part due to my mum trying to get me to wear Laura Ashley frocks as a child/teen!

  • I find it really hard to wear heels of any kind anymore, yet through my 20-30's that's pretty much all I wore

  • My fave' food would be a Bacon Butty (sandwich) made with thick white bread, lashings of butter and HP sauce. I really MISS proper back bacon

  • The Hubster is the love of my life, he had to be for me to change my life so radically

  • I grew into my greenfingers, as a child/teen I hated gardening but the family gardening gene was buried deep and eventually kicked in

  • I shipped 200 books with me to the USA, just loved them too much to leave them

  • My all time fave' romantic comedy is called 'Only You' and stars Robert Downey Jr and is all set in Italy - it's wonderful

  • One of my great loves is old architecture and I miss it here

  • My fave' museum in the UK is the V&A (Victoria & Albert), I spend hours just wandering around in there soaking it all up

  • I adore Christmas and my decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving and stay up to the New Year

  • When I buy a gift in advance it is torture for me not to give it immediately, I get so excited

  • I look best in either bright pink or royal blue

  • Big fan of Denny Crane, Alan Shore and Boston Legal

  • I love that the Hubster can easily chat with just about anyone and is so great socially

  • I have always believed in past lives

  • I was and still am a huge ABBA fan, I can't wait for the movie 'Mamma Mia'

  • For years I lusted after Pierce Brosnan, not so much now!

  • I have never been sporty or athletic

  • I love anything sparkly or glittery!

  • My least fave' colour is beige, it's just so blah!

  • I get really excited if it snows

  • My all time fave disco track is 'September' by Earth Wind & Fire

  • I have to have my windows covered after dark, as I worry someone will peer in at me and freak me out!

  • I absolutely hate and disapprove of horror/slasher movies

  • I love horses and used to ride as a child

  • My first kiss was with a French exchange student called Eric!

  • Whenever my bff (Gill) and I were disappointed in love as teens, we would sing Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive' at the tops of our voices

  • In 1990 I was told by a psychic I would be happily married and living in the USA one day - no joke, we even had it on tape!

  • I hate to be stuck behind a slow driver, it drives me nuts

  • One of my great strengths is organisation

  • I saw Queen live at Wembley Stadium on the 'It's a kind of Magic' tour with Gill. I got to sit on a guys shoulders with a thunderstorm overhead and a sea of heads all the way to the one and only Freddie, singing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' at the piano - one of those totally unforgettable moments in life

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this list, so much so that I had to copy parts of it so I could add my comments... I hope you (and other readers) don't mind too much.

One of my absolute fave' things to do is float on my back in the sea being gently buffeted by the waves - blissfull
Me too! It makes me long for the beautiful waters of Cozumel!

I am not a dress person at all...
Me either! ;-D

I find it really hard to wear heels of any kind...
Me too!

My fave' food would be a Bacon Butty...
I laughed pretty good on this one. The first time I ever heard of a Bacon Butty was when Onslo always talked about them on Keeping Up Appearances. I finally had to look it up to see what it was. I'd have to try one before I knew I know for sure whether I would like it or not.

The Hubster is the love of my life, he had to be for me to change my life so radically
You two make a beautiful and wonderful couple. I can't wait to get together again (as soon as we can find the right time).

I grew into my greenfingers
I haven't found mine yet. I guess all the time my mom made us spend in the garden when I was little was enough for me (at least up to now).

I shipped 200 books with me to the USA, just loved them too much to leave them
I'm married to someone who would do the very same thing!

One of my great loves is old architecture and I miss it here
That's indeed the unfortunate downside of living in a young country and an even younger state!

I adore Christmas and my decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving
That sounds very familiar!

When I buy a gift in advance it is torture for me not to give it immediately
Karla and I have the very same problem... and it's really, really bad!

Big fan of Denny Crane, Alan Shaw and Boston Legal
Me too! It's currently my favorite TV show.

I love that the Hubster can chat with anyone and is so great socially
Karla is not so lucky.

I was and still am a huge ABBA fan, I can't wait for the movie 'Mamma Mia'
I'm a latecomer as an ABBA fan, but they have a special spot on my iTunes playlist! We'll very likely catch the movie when it comes out.

For years I lusted after Pierce Brosnan
I can't really same "me too" on this one.

I have never been sporty or athletic
Me neither! But that's probably easy to figure out when people see me!

I get really excited if it snows
It's hard not to get excited, until you have to drive in traffic with a bunch of idiots who seem to lose all common sense when trying to drive in snow.

I have to have my windows covered after dark, as I worry someone will peer in at me and freak me out!
That explains your comment on my blog about the downtown housing. I generally am the same way.

I absolutely hate and disapprove of horror/slasher movies
Our family is the same way.

I hate to be stuck behind a slow driver, it drives me nuts
Me too! And I deal with it every morning and evening. My blood pressure is normally 20 or more points higher during my commute than other times.

Thanks for another great list!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I adore Earth Wind & Fire! Can anyone NOT dance when hearing one of their songs?

Linda Jennings said...

You shipped 200 books and all those beautiful purses (handbags)so I can not imagine how many cartons you shipped to the USA when you made the big move here!

Janet said...

Great list!

Wish we could see "Boston Legal" here. My best girlfriend -- in the Houston area (just got to spend time there with her last week) -- talks about it ALL the time and loves the interaction between James Spader and William Shatner. (Don't I remember a very funny scene between Shatner and a very small woman, when I got to watch once during a US business trip???)

Nice to get caught up with you, now that I'm back.

Janet

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Loved this post, like you I buy presents early and then have to try really hard not to give them to the person straight away and try and keep my mouth shut and not tell them what it is!!

Victoria xx

Tess Kincaid said...

Fun to get to know you better!

I've been to the V & A and loved it, too!

Isn't that amazing about the psychic? wow!

Rhea said...

Great post! I love floating in the waves also.

I'm impressed you shipped over 200 books when you moved here! Wow!!

We have some old architecture but definitely not what you're used to coming from Europe. lol Nowhere near that old!

I'm weird about windows at night also. I'm convinced someone's going to spy on me or something. Is that paranoia?!! lol

Way too cool about the psychic!

Pam said...

i love these bits and bobs from you :) and one day i will have more than two minutes to write something more!

Janet said...

Funnily enough, in my late 20's my best friend dragged me along to a fortune teller (tarot cards). At the time I thought it was a load of mumbo jumbo.

She told me she saw me living overseas, by a beach. And I lived by the beach for 5 years in California. She was also very accurate about a lot of other things. Spooky, isn't it?

Sandi McBride said...

I hear you Sister! The packers asked "what's with the books?" Abba...Mama Mia...wow...loved your list...I could duplicate with no problem lol
hugs
Sandi

Anonymous said...

The Hubster is the love of my life, he had to be for me to change my life so radically

This brings to mind the words to a GREAT Kristofferson song "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures (IE: Sarah) I've known.....I love you too, Sarah!!!!

Kris said...

What a fun post to read. You must be my soul sister.... Only You is my all time favorite movie! I was head over heals in love with Robert Downey Jr. for years after watching this movie. I was so pleased to watch him in the new flick, IronMan!!

Why do we get so attached to our christmas decorations? My christmas decorations don't come down until February!!

Julie said...

I love that you shipped 200 books here when you came...I just love people who love books as much as I do. There is a lot to be said about a person who loves books.

And I am so with you on "Only You." Gotta love him, by the way, have you seen Iron Man yet? Oh my...