A little background....we moved in nearly 3 yrs ago and this bathroom had some paint peeling going on. The previous owner had painted over paint and the humidity was causing the top layer to bubble. Well we have lived with it and decorated every other room in the house, but finally we have got around to this one.
Scraping the paint which was still affixed in 95% of the room was proving nigh on impossible, so we got the worst off and then decided to resurface the walls with compound - or 'mud' them. Neither of us had done it before, but we set to and finished the whole room this evening and it's now drying.
It already looks soooo much better and we are pretty chuffed with ourselves for a first attempt. Next comes a coat of paint and then I am going even more 'designer' and am going to rub on a coloured glaze to highlight the texture! This all has to be finished by Friday, so the Hubster can fit the new sink and tap next weekend, just in time for my mum's arrival on Tuesday.