So for the next 4 days I will post 10 things I don't necessarily regret (although some I might) but what I'd have done differently. Or they will be things I wish someone older and wiser had told me sooner! Some of you might think "that's a bit of a negative thing to do!", but actually I think it's the reverse and will really make me reflect on my life and appreciate what I have achieved.
On Tuesday I will post the 2 things I love the most about how my life has turned out, that will give me a few days to decide exactly what they are!
So here are my first 10 of 40 things I would want to know younger or do differently:
- I would have done less talking and more studying in school and gone onto University/College
- I would have got into exercise whilst I was still young and stuck with it
- I would never have used a tanning bed or got sunburned
- I wish one of the older women I knew had told me to be prepared for the sudden onset of facial hair from my mid-thirties onwards and 'witches' hairs especially! (Take note: warn a young woman you love TODAY!)
- I would have pursued a career as an Attorney and Barrister - first choice!
- Or I would have trained as a Journalist - second choice
- I would have learned to meditate sooner and control stress
- I would never have drunk a 'Pop/Soda' in my life
- I wish I had volunteered at an animal shelter at some point, but I still believe it would have been too hard as I get very attached to animals
- I wish I had paid attention to the very good friends who warned me how dang bad a bikini wax can be, and I had drunk the large shot of vodka they strongly advised beforehand!
Another ten tomorrow. I guess it's a good thing that it's actually proving quite difficult to think of too many things!