6/15/08

Lovely Wedding

Our friends Donna & Bob tied the knot yesterday at Roman Nose State Park in Watonga and it was a beautiful wedding. Although they followed the traditional vows, they both made a short speech to each other that spoke volumes about their love....myself and most of the woman were teary eyed!

Donna's three nieces also sang 'Bless the Broken Road' and were wonderful, their mom was wiping her eyes desperately all the way through. The whole wedding was filled with emotion, love and laughs, which is always the best kind. Bob's son had made a wonderful video of their seperate lives before they met and then of their 4 year relationship which was touching and funny.

Although they have found true love a little later in life, I felt in many ways this made it all the more profound. I have no doubt they will be happy for the rest of their lives and they'll be much laughter in their marriage as they are both fun people; indeed they are off to Disneyworld for part of their honeymoon :-)

We wish them nothing but happiness and joy together.

Oh and here we are, still loved up 2.5 yrs into marriage ;-)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

You both look wonderful and amazingly in love. I can't tell you how happy I am for you. :) M.

Sherri said...

Sarah, what a beautiful wedding your friends had-glad you enjoyed it! You and hubster looked wonderful yourselves!! Love your top-I am a huge fan of Coldwater Creek!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, the two of you look terrific! I am glad that you had a good time at the wedding. Did you get in much dancing?

Chellie said...

I love happiness like this. I also liked how they are headed to Disneyland to celebrate their love together!

You and your husband look great. I"m so happy for you guys too!

Pam said...

You guys look wonderful! Don't you just love weddings! Sounds like it went very well and Disneyworld is a great place for a honeymoon. It is too good for kids anyway. hehe

Rhea said...

Sounds like a sweet, touching wedding!! I love it when people find love, no matter how old they are!! You and hubby are adorable, btw. Love those blues and greens on you.