3/5/08

Every dieters nightmare....

I appear to have hit my first weightloss plateau!

There's just no movement up or down, I guess at least it's not increasing, but it's getting bloody annoying after 2 weeks.

I am staying within my Weightwatchers points and on track, so I have had a look through what I have been doing differently food wise and think I may have found the culprits.....

Some of the regular readers will remember a couple of weeks ago I was happy to discover a Creme Egg was just 3 pts. So I have been happily building them into my daily allowance since then and 'Bob's your uncle' I'm now stuck!

Prior to this the same 3 pts were used on a delicious WW recipe Pumpkin Pie that my buddy and I ate every single day. It's just sooo frustrating - they are equivalent to the same number of points, but they are obviously not 'truly' equivalent!

Pumpkin Pie is obviously healthier, contains less fat and a piece of it alot more filling - it's just not a Creme Egg! So whilst being inspired by The Biggest Loser last night, I made the sad but inevitable decision to drop the Creme Eggs and kickstart my losses again...

I may just allow myself one a week, after all they're not around for too long ;-)

3 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm laughing at the "Bob's your uncle" phase. Do you eat the crustless pumpkin pie? That has only 1 pt/slice. I think it's a good thing to work your fav treats into your daily pts, though. That's one of the main things I like about WW!

I loved the questions asked by the kids. Do you keep a straight face? Not sure I could.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, good for you for giving up some of them! I don't possess a lot of willpower and selfcontrol when it comes to chocolate and sweets. Good for you! Hope you get back on track soon :)

Unknown said...

Mary - no it's the Ginger Spiced Pumpkin Pie in the recipes section at 3pts a piece (8 slices) and it's sooo good. No keeping a straight face is impossible with the kids..lol!

Stacy, it was a struggle but then I'd rather be skinny than eat a Creme Egg...lol!